I want to thank everyone for reading my Organic Architecture Series! I realize this was a long series with lots of posts. The following are the links to all the different articles. Feel free to bookmark this page for easy reference!
Happy plotting, structuring, and designing, everyone!
Organic Architecture Series:
Classic Design and Arch Plot:
- What is Arch Plot and Classic Design?
- Mountain Structure Visual Handout
- Classic Design: Breaking it Down With the Film Toy Story
- The Hidden Agenda of Classic Design and The Hero’s Journey
- Plot vs. Structure (Defining the Difference)
- Alternative Plots: Part 1 (Mini Plot, Daisy Chain Plot, Cautionary Tale Plot, and Ensemble Plot)
- Alternative Plots: Part 2 (Along for the Ride Plot, Symbolic Juxtaposition Plot, Repeated Event Plot, and Repeated Action Plot)
- What are Plot Genres?
- Alternative Structures: Part 1 (Non-Linear, Episodic, Wheel, and Meandering)
- Alternative Structures: Part 2 (Branching, Spiral, Multiple POV, Parallel, and Cumulative)
- Got a Designing Principle?
- Designing Principle #1: A Character’s Mental State
- Designing Principle #2: Setting and Environment
- Designing Principle #3: Time
- Designing Principle #4: Community
- Designing Principle #5: Parallel Stories and Myth
- Designing Principle #6: Storyteller
- The Many Layers of Structure and Design
Full Bibliography for this Series: