Everyone says that radio and newspapers are dead. But when it comes to getting the word out on your new book, it turns out that radio and newspapers can be your best friend!
On countless occasions this holiday I had requests for books that customers had heard about on an NPR interview or read about in the LA or NY Times. In fact, this was so common that we actually sold out of a few titles and had to disappoint some customers because books were back ordered and we couldn’t keep them on the shelves! So even if you’re a little microphone shy, or perhaps a bit nervous about that newspaper interview – do it anyway! Just keep telling yourself that it will help sell tons of your books!
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
- I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
- Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham
- The Dragon’s Tooth by N.D. Wilson
- Planesrunner by Ian McDonald
Be sure to check out other Holiday trends from this season here: Hot Kidz Books this Holiday (2011)